Sunday, November 2, 2008

drag queens get all the play OR Dread of the day.

I am still trying to process my feelings around this eve.
I dreamed that night there were many dirt roads throughout my property. Cars were hurdling down them in the dark. A twangy song was playing about creating memories -- the woman's voice sounded as if filtered through an AM radio. Cars would veer off the road and hit trees to the beat. There were dogs all over the place and all their owners kept telling everyone , "Don't look at them, even if they nudge you and you will be all right."

Hard to maintain a confidence in an authorial vision of a bar in the woods when it just keeps on growing limbs on its own.

People, namely the skeleton to my right, continually tried to steer gratitude and awareness to those lost and past. I tried briefly to be aware of a few and lost the moment, but the night had a mind of its own.

I think I finally found my spirit animal!!!!
and all this time it was right under my nose.
Every day I live, I look more like my grandfather.
Once he told me he saw a woman at church and told her that, " IF he had a mustache AND he was 10 years younger it would curl like the tail of a lion when IT saw her. " ; both highly conditional and devoid of responsibility for the mustache's behavior. Gotta love that. I didn't take a candle to Salvatore's grave but I did manage a little furry horizontal totem. Thanks Drew, for keeping the focus on the dead. I am still there.


1 comment:

Steven Arntson said...

increbidle moustechsche!
unbridelled moustechsche.

i never saw blair witch prouiect. i get too freaked out seeing scary movies.

too scared to even think what the hell i am writing about

what in this modern wolrd?!

back to Finnegans Wake i guess