Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It has been way too long.

These are the fallow months friends. We managed a mini goat and I was once again stunned by the talent around me. We were treated to an evening of acoustic karaoke with Paul Burback and Anne Mathews heading up the stage: Unstumpable. After making it through some America and Phil Collins, we were treated to some Sabbath to boot. I am always amazed at how some of that drek is transformed by the chance to sing it yourself. The lyrics seem so wonderfully bizarre.... she's an eassssssy lovvver.? Really? I am pretty sure that Anne and Paul could make a ton of money just heading up an acoustic karaoke bar of their own.

Despite the winter turnout with some noticeable absences I felt Super lucky to share my community with Awesome Cousin Ed ( who will henceforth be referred to as ACE) and Keith O of Phillytown. Folks loved their company and we certainly hope they make it back again soon. Place to some small extent is culture. I was certainly shaped by the very air of Philly and I certainly have felt a shift since moving here 20 + years ago. The goat loves a little influx at each gathering to broaden its experience and stretch the notion of what is possible. I simply love the fact that every time feels different. Communities are living things and I love this one.Above is my attempt to catch a hummingbird eking out a living on the only flower blooming, god how we were rooting for her. x, t

No comments: